2.19.2013

Makers: Ben Farver aka Argonaut Cycles

With the North American Handmade Bicycle Show coming up I've been looking at a bunch of my photos of custom builders. These photos are from this past November, when I spent some time with Ben Farver of Argonaut Cycles. Argonaut are making unique, custom, American carbon road frames.
Argonaut dropout
Argonaut re-launched the after Ben changed from being a purely steel framebuilder to a purely carbon framebuilder. For the launch of his company Ben wanted a brand book which reflected his personal riding style, frame construction story, and the overall aesthetic of the brand. He called me up and asked if I could help articulate that and I took him up on it. It's rare when a company comes to me with the pure intent of letting me do "my thing," and they also follow through by publishing something I not only shot but that I helped edit. In this case Argonaut did just that. A limited run a Argonaut brand books were printed and if you're close to the brand you might get one in physical form. Regardless, a digital version will soon be published online and I hope everyone who wants to see it can find that. I'll certainly be following up here on the blog once that digital version comes out.
Ben Farver

No comments:

Post a Comment