2.12.2014

Uptown Ghosts

Uptown Ghosts
I met Cooper Ray last Summer when we were both chasing the Orchard Street Runners Midnight Half. He's a rad photographer and total slayer on his Rosko track bike, both on the streets as a working messenger and in races like the Red Hook Crit. Back in November I was shooting some new helmets for BELL, and I hit up Cooper to ride around for a day and do his thing on the bike. It was super fun as pretty much any day is when combining bikes and photo in NYC. This photo is one of my favorites. I think the way a rider sees in a city is so specific and completely unspecific at the same time. All those pedestrians are a blur, but they are also the most potential threat (more than cars, really). This photo makes me think about that weird focus that comes with experience riding in a busy city. Realistically, a rider never really stops, but in that constant motion is a stillness of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment